// Latest Entries
- A Blast @ Home vol.2
- BOOST – Big…
- New cooperation: Levitaz Hydrofoils and Flysurfer
- BOOST – flying over Guadeloupe
- A Flatwater Dream – Cronix & Speed4 Lotus with Yannick & Emma
- Flysurfer RADICAL5 – Designer & Feature Interview
- Surf Worldcup Poderdorf 2015 – Kitesurf Team Challenge report
- Sonic-FR … built to win!
- MOONLIT – Kiting from Dusk till Dawn
- Marvin Baumeister – Schoenian joins team FLYSURFER
// Follow Up
Ford Kite Cup – Rewa (PL)31.Jul.2013:
Second stop of Ford Kite Cup took place in Rewa. This is very popular spot in Poland due to sandy headland surrounded by shallow, and mirror-flat water.
Because of my summer finals, and exam in electronics, I could not participe in the first day of the event. Happily, on that day, only freestyle was played.
In spite of bad-looking weather forecast, second day brought us sunny conditions with unexpected wind which was blowing from 7-10kts in the morning, to 16kts afternoon.
Just after the skippers meeting, first races started. We were racing in ‘strange’ low wind, which tend to have different directions in different places of the race track.
I managed to cross finish line on 7th position in first, and 5th in second race.
After those two races, wind went down and changed direction against 180 degrees, to blow twice as strong as it was blowing.
Sadly, on the 3rd race I sailed on the shoal, and broke my fin, finally losing it.
This stopped me from taking part in racing for the rest of event.
All at all, I finished event on 14th place, losing many positions in Polish Cup ranking.
I’m looking forward to the next Polish Cup stop in Łeba.